Post-Graduate Programme in Leadership, Politics and Governance
- IIDL commenced online classes for the fourth batch of its Post Graduate Programme in Leadership, Politics and Governance from September 20 in presence of MP Poonam Mahajan.
- MP Dr Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, Deputy Consul General of Israel Nimrod Kalamar, Former MP Tarun Vijay, BJP leader V Satish, Organiser Weekly Editor Prafulla Ketkar, Senior Journalist Kanchan Gupta, BJP Spokesperson Guru Prakash, Capt (retd) Smita Gaikwad, Brig (Retd) Hemant Mahajan, Author Vikram Sampath, Activist Sushil Pandit, Columnist Shefali Vaidya are some of the eminent names who took sessions with IIDL.
- 26 students from 12 states were selected in the present batch of IIDL's PGP from 500 plus applications received.
- IIDL commenced its PGP course offline in RMP-KEC from November 30.
- Udaan fellowship is a one of its kind fellowship for aspiring young leaders and policy-makers started by IIDL with help and support of Manipal Group
- Under this programme, the fellows will get a monthly stipend for a year working with think-tanks/policy-makers/politicians/political parties.
- Neary 470 applications were received from which 30 fellows were selected.
- Some of the eminent persons the fellows are attached with are - Arjun Munda, Minister of Tribal Affairs, GOI; Tarun Chugh, National General Secretary, BJP; Sunil Deodhar, National Secretary, BJP; Siddharth Nath Singh, Minister-UP; MP VD Sharma, President, BJP-Madhya Pradesh; Sunil Bansal, Secretary (Org), BJP-UP; Mantri Srinivas, Secretary (Org), BJP-Telangana; Prashant Bamb, MLA-Maha, Mangal Prabhat Lodha, President, BJP-Mumbai; Odisha Legislative Assembly; NITI Ayog; and India CoWin Action Network among others
US Election Awareness programme for Alumni
- IIDL in association with the US Consul-General Mumbai arranged an exclusive awareness programme on the US elections for its alumni on October 16.
- Diplomat Brad Meacham was the speaker.
- 20 alumni participated in this workshop.
#Tweet4Bharat - India's first Twitter Thread Competition
- IIDL organised India's first Twitter-thread competition to mark Lokmanya Tilak's death centennial on August 01 and went on till August 12.
- The competition was held in three languages - English, Hindi and Marathi across three themes
- A total of 337 threads participated in this competition, out of which 27 winners were declared winners who received cash prizes sponsored by Dabur along with goodies from Twitter-India.
- All 27 winners also got to speak at the midnight conclave organised on eve of Independence day on August 14.
- OpIndia and MahaMTB were media partners for this competition.
Model International Leaders Meet - MILM
- Model International Leaders Meet was organised virtually with the aim to engage youth leaders from all over India and to provide a platform to represent countries and put forth their positions, opinions as a representative of that allotted country.
- The agenda COVID 19: GLOBAL RESPONSE & THE WAY AHEAD.
- 70 delegates from 15 states participated in this competition including participation from eminent institutions - IIT and IIM.
- 15 individual prizes along with 2 colleges were awarded with the best all rounder and runners-up winner getting cash prizes.
- A session on Changing trends in International politics post COVID-19 by former diplomat Amb Asoke Mukherjee was also arranged for the delegates.